Sunday, October 28, 2018

Easy Free Crochet Leg Warmer Pattern


CLICK TO PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST

Colder weather is setting in and this year I decided to add some leg warmers to the slippers and socks I made last year. (Check them out at THIS LINK and also at THIS LINK. If my calves are cold then my feet get cold too.

This pattern can easily be changed to any height or diameter.

Yarn: Caron Jumbo in Dalmation
Size: Adult XL, 13" in length, meant to just cover the leg below the knee
Crochet hook size I (use J for beg. ch)

Row 1: With J hook, ch 47. Change to I hook; dc in 4th ch from hook and next 19 ch; hdc to end.

Work in Back Loop Only now through the rest of the pattern.
Row 2: Ch 2, turn. Hdc on hdc sts and dc on dc sts.

Row 3: ch 3, turn. work dc on dc sts and hdc on hdc sts.

Rows 4 - 27 (or your desired size; I worked the piece so it fit snugly around my calf then added 2 more rows to allow for clothing): Repeat Rows 2 and 3 in sequence.

Fasten off and whip stitch the first and last rows together.

Elastic around the top edge: cut 4 strands of thin sewable type elastic about 18" long and weave through the top edge and tie ends together.

No comments: