Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Annie's Mukluk Crochet Booties Pattern Post Project Notes

The following are my pictures and notes using the purchased pattern from Annie's called 'Mukluk Crochet Booties'.
Here is my finished version of the main pattern:

These are made with 2 strands of Caron Pound in the Lace color. Since I used a different yarn then the pattern suggested, I ended up changing the hook size (actually several times within the pattern) and made a size Small which fit my foot, a size 10 shoe size.

Then I decided to make 2 shorter versions of the slipper, basically without the leg section and decorative finishes. These are also using double stranded yarn.

I decided to try one more change and make a thinner sock that came up a little ways on my ankle, but wasn't binding. So these use 1 strand of the Caron Pound yarn. Again I worked the size Small directions with hook changes in different sections of the pattern and on the leg section I shortened the number of rounds and worked a few rounds of mock ribbing by alternating FPDC and DC sts.
I really enjoyed working with this pattern and found is so easy to modify. So you see I made a lot of pairs. They work up fast and I highly recommend giving this pattern a try. It's well worth the price.

No comments: