Tuesday, March 27, 2018

US Omnibus Spending Bill - What's In It?

There's a lot of discussion and concerns right now about the Omnibus Spending Bill signed by President Donald Trump on March 23, 2018.

The best way to know what is in this 2,232 bill is to look through the document yourself to find what is written there. I have no intention to read the bill in its entirety but use the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl F' to do word searches on topics of interest.

Having a concern about air quality and pollution, I did a search on the word 'air' but that yielded too many wrong results. So adding a space in front and behind the word 'air',
i.e. ' air ' narrowed down my search more accurately, finding page 802 that gave me the information I was seeking.

Another search I did was on the word 'internet'. This brought up a couple items of interest: On pages 611 & 612 it discusses how the funds can't be used by the Federal Government to collect data or to pay a third party to do the same (my translation, in short); also beginning on page 1,534 there is a section regarding funds to be appropriated to support Global Internet Freedom.

I encourage you to do your own keyword searches to better understand the Bill and how it relates to your topics of interest.

CLICK HERE TO READ AND SEARCH THE OMNIBUS SPENDING BILL 2018

No comments: