Thursday, February 8, 2018

Wellness Tea, Simmering Potpouri, Air Purifier

In my quest to incorporate healthier foods and drinks in my life I came up with this wellness tea or drink.
I centered it around foods and spices that fight inflammation. The combination of spices with the apples is very delicious and I have enjoyed it hot, cold or added to green tea, orange juice or other fruit juice. Save the apples after cooking and combine it with some of the tea for my Wellness Tea Ice Cream Topping.

In a saucepan on the stove, combine:

3 c. Water
1 t. Ground Ginger
2 Cinnamon Sticks
3 Whole Cloves
1 T. Honey
1 T. Lemon Juice
1 - 2 Apples, unpeeled, chopped, without the core

Simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes or more if desired.
Let cool for another 30 minutes. Then remove the cinnamon sticks (they can be used several times), the cloves and the apples (save the apples to use in my Wellness Tea Ice Cream Topping).
Strain the tea through a fine strainer and into a Mason or other glass jar. Store in the refrigerator.

Instead of using apples, try substituting orange or lemon slices, chopped mango or cherries.

No comments: