Thursday, July 9, 2015

Almond Oatmeal Soap



Making soap at home with the Melt & Pour Soap Base is so easy and fun. I am still a newbie to this but like the freedom of experimenting with different ingredients, scents, colors, shapes and embossing pieces.The 2 bars on the left are made with silicone molds. The other ones came from the plastic covering over 8 AA batteries and from the plastic covering over some makeup I bought! This last one made a cute hospitality size bar and I added one of the embossing designs I had purchased at Michael's.

For this Almond Oatmeal Soap I used:
12 oz. Goat's Milk Soap Base
2 T. honey
about 5 T. oats
contents of 2 Vitamin E capsules
about 25 drops of Almond Oil (the scent seemed too weak for me so I also added:
about 15 drops of Lavender Oil

This combination worked very well. The scent was pleasant, had a nice creamy color, lathered good and was moisturizing.

Original instructions can be found here. http://www.essentiallyeclectic.com/2013/05/sweet-almond-honey-oatmeal-goats-milk.html

No comments: