Saturday, December 16, 2017

Circular Placemats - FREE Crochet Pattern

Inspiration and original free pattern from petalstopicots.com. LINK
Please visit her website for main pattern details. Below I detail the specifics of how I used her pattern.

I just LOVE this pattern! It works up fast and was easy to memorize the stitch patterning. Wandering from the traditional natural fiber yarns, I decided to use Caron Pound, an acrylic yarn. After trying different sizes of hooks, the J hook size gave me the density I was happy with.

The look I wanted was a layered look, though the placemats can be used separately, with the size and colors to compliments my dishes.
For the smaller mat, which is 13" in diameter, I added two extra rounds before the final round of scallops; a total of 10 rounds.

This change was done by simply repeating round 6 as my round 8 and repeat round 7 as my round 9 but working 4 sets of 2DCs and then the single DC.

For the larger mat, which is 17" in diameter, I added four extra rounds before the final round of scallops; a total of 12 rounds.

This change was done by simply repeating round 6 as my rounds 8 & 10 and repeat round 7 as my round 9 & 11 but working 4 (Round 9) or 5 (Round 11) sets of 2DCs and then the single DC. No blocking or steaming seemed to be needed.

No comments: