Sunday, February 26, 2012

Top Performing EAs Last Week

Top performers of SecretsFromTheHeart.com Forex trading robots last week were Fx News Raider with $152.40, PipMania with $142.31 and Breakout Grid Trader* with $78.10. *Try this Forex robot in the SFTH VIP Area.

As a seasoned Forex trader learns, there are times of losses even with the best systems. Last week was one of these times for the PipBandit and Trumpeter EAs. The 2 PipBandit runs hit the Eur/Usd stop loss making a net loss for the week of about $1,000. In the 2 Trump2G runs, the Chf/Jpy pair hit the MaxLoss, so each of those runs took a loss of about $5,000. History still shows that those EAs are profitable and I have no reason to believe they won’t continue to be in the future. Could the losses have been prevented? I will say that I did voice a concern to my clients (in the private trade call I post) of a time of higher volatility coming up the last few days prior to the end of the month. Since February is a shorter month, that more volatile time might be hitting earlier. When the Trump2G program notified me that trades were open on No Trade Day at the beginning of server day 5, I could have chosen to close all open trades at that time and the net for the week with method 1 would have been a profit of $540. This is a judgment call the client has the option to make.

No comments: