Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Stocking - Free Crochet Pattern


CLICK TO PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST

Even though I am a designer and create my own patterns, I enjoy mixing in some items from other designers. Their work often inspires me and teaches me new techniques. The stocking pictured here was crocheted by Patty Kubitzki. The original stocking design and pattern is by Erica Dietz and her full instructions can be found at this LINK.

I found this stocking a delight to make. It works up fast and I really like the size of it; measuring about 13" long and about 7.5" wide at the cuff. The yarn I used was Caron One Pound in White, which I find yields such a classic look. The only other change I made to the pattern was that in the hanging chain loop I used a double strand of yarn. After completing the heel portion my count might have been slightly more than the instructions. But it didn't seem to matter.

If your looking for a Christmas Stocking Pattern, I highly recommend this one. On her link she shows one done in the more traditional colors of Red and White.
Click here to go to her website.

No comments: